I thought I'd make a list of Stack Exchange sites which have questions related to the Chinese language.
--> Language Learning (+tag)
Language Learning Stack Exchange is for students, teachers, polyglots, and anyone interested in the techniques of language acquisition.
What topics can I ask about here?, Language Learning
--> Linguistics (+tag; also languages-of-China)
The Linguistics Stack Exchange Site is a Q&A for linguists, language enthusiasts and people who have some interest in how languages work. What is Linguistics? It is the scientific study of languages.
What topics can I ask about here?, Linguistics
Japanese Language Stack Exchange is for students, teachers, and linguists who want to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language.
What topics can I ask about here?, Japanese
- Example: Why is 犬 used to refer to “dog” in Japanese?
- Example: Can a Japanese person understand something written in traditional Chinese
- Example: Can I use my Chinese name as my Japanese name?
What topics can I ask about here? Word choice and usage, grammar, and pronunciation, including dialect differences, Korean linguistics, orthography (spelling, punctuation) or etymology, ...
What topics can I ask about here?, Korean
- Example: Where did Korean get its reading of 秒?
- Example: Do Korean share more vocabulary with Chinese or Japanese?
--> English Language & Usage (+tag)
The English Language and Usage Stack Exchange is for linguists, etymologists, and (serious) English language enthusiasts.
What topics can I ask about here?, English Language & Usage
--> Super User (+tag)
Super User is for computer enthusiasts and power users.
What topics can I ask about here?, Super User
This site is for questions asking for recommendations of software ready-to-use to accomplish a particular task, that is, “what software can I use to do …?”.
What topics can I ask about here?, Software Recommendations
Example: Chinese Sentiment Analysis Tools
--> Graphic Design (+fonts)
Graphic Design SE is for questions targeted toward design professionals, students, and enthusiasts.
What topics can I ask about here?, Graphic Design
- Example: Where to find a handwritten font with English and Chinese?
- Example: Does this Chinese font fit in with our brand?
- Example: Help Identify the Japanese and Chinese Fonts as Pictured
--> Web Applications
Web Applications Stack Exchange is for expert and advanced users of web applications.
What topics can I ask about here?, Web Applications
Example: How to post via email on Sina Weibo
--> Unix and Linux
Unix and Linux Stack Exchange is for users of Linux, FreeBSD and other Un*x-like operating systems.
What topics can I ask about here?, Unix and Linux
- Example: How to make Chinese characters display properly on Chromium
- Example: Extract only chinese characters
It's a questions and answers site for Ubuntu-related questions. It's also a place to share knowledge about Ubuntu.
What topics can I ask about here?, AskUbuntu
--> Ask Different (aka Apple.SE)
Ask Different is for users of Apple products.
What topics can I ask about here?, Ask Different
--> Android Enthusiasts (+tag)
Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange is for users of the Android operating system.
What topics can I ask about here?, Android Enthusiasts
This site is for enthusiastic users of TeX and related systems: people who love to create well-structured and beautifully typeset documents.
What topics can I ask about here?, TeX
This site is for professional and amateur cooks and chefs, and anyone else who works in the kitchen or is interested in preparing and serving delicious meals. What topics can I ask about here?, Seasoned Advice
- Example: What's 香茜 or 芫荽 in English?
- Example: What is this seafood that I bought in a Chinese market?
- Example: What is the Chinese celery and cabbage appetizer called and how is it made?
Sites that have a [China] tag...
- Travel (tag; 718 Q's) There's also a Chinese-Citizens tag
- History (tag; 281 Q's) There's also the Ancient-China and Medieval-China tags
- Politics (tag; 201 Q's)
- Skeptics (tag; 74 Q's)
- Expatriates (tag; 54 Q's)
- Space Exploration (tag; 42 Q's)
- Personal Finance and Money (tag; 40 Q's)
- Server Fault (tag; 35 Q's)
- Mythology and Folklore (tag; 27 Q's) [Note: the tag here is "Chinese", but it refers to "Chinese mythology" and not the "Chinese language".]
- Philosophy (tag; 26 Q's) [Note: the tag here is "Chinese-philosophy".]
- Economics (tag; 26 Q's)
- Geographic Information Systems (tag; 25 Q's)
- Buddhism (tag; 22 Q's) [Note: the tag here is "Chinese-Buddhism".] There's also a Chinese-canon tag
- Academia (tag; 14 Q's)
- Law (tag; 14 Q's)
- Open Data (tag; 12 Q's)
- Literature (tag; 12 Q's) [Note: the tag here is "Chinese-literature".]
- Ask Patents (tag; 11 Q's)
- StackOverflow Meta (tag; 11 Q's)
- Bitcoin (tag; 9 Q's)
- The Workplace (tag; 9 Q's)
- Aviation (tag; 8 Q's)
- Christianity (tag; 6 Q's)
- Interpersonal Skills (tag; 6 Q's)
- Quantitative Finance (tag; 5 Q's)
- Genealogy and Family History (tag; 4 Q's)
- Amateur Radio (tag; 1 Q')