40-something (at time of writing ^^) Brit living in France. Language hobbyist, started learning Mandarin/普通话 in 2011. I'm also studying Italian and at some point I'd like to go back to studying Arabic. Among my other interests are: Go (围棋; French 1 dan) and playing music (classical and “trad” - Irish, Scottish, French, …).
In 2019 I wrote a smallish piece called tips on studying Chinese that was well received, so you may wish to have a look yourself.
I also have a website (which I don't keep up to date any more, but never mind): malcolm.schonfield.free.fr.
Member for 8 years, 3 months
0 profile views
Last seen May 5 at 14:21
Top network posts
- 9 words where it is important to distinguish between the neutral tone and the citation tone
- 6 What difference(s) does it make to use the citation tone instead of the neutral tone, for the tail character in these words?
- 6 Since Putonghua is a standard English word, why do people use Mandarin for standard Chinese?
- 5 Pairs which are of the form AB / BA
- 5 Word pairs like 嫉妒/忌妒 with similar pronunciations and meanings - examples and discussion please
- View more network posts →