Linguist by talent, code-monkey by choice, corporate drone by necessity. French part-time wine trader and coder, living in Asia since the dark days of the [blink] tag. I used to code 8080 assembly by hand. Now, I stay a few layers above that. Craziness is for the young.
I do mostly custom code dev (desktop apps for SMEs, or middleware). Got interested recently in mobile apps, and despite my undying love for Blackberry phones (that's the corporate drone speaking), I code mostly in Phonegap for Android and sometimes iOS. I have a bunch of code on Google Code, which I guess I should move to GitHub – all the more so since git is my weapon of choice.
I do Java/C code only with a gun to my head – but Android is good at dragging me back in Java-land. Python preferred for non-critical apps. GUI apps mostly in RealStudio (and C glue code in dylibs). Erlang when I want to make my CPUs overheat and scream past the competition ;-)
Member for 8 years, 9 months
3 profile views
Last seen May 24 '18 at 13:30
- Stack Overflow 5.7k 5.7k 22 gold badges2323 silver badges3333 bronze badges
- Chinese Language 1.9k 1.9k 1212 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Arduino 1.6k 1.6k 11 gold badge1111 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Expatriates 1.2k 1.2k 11 gold badge55 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- French Language 748 748 33 silver badges99 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 20 Drawing multilingual text using PIL
- 13 Multiple I2C sensors with the same address
- 11 What do these two 'x' mean in this Python code: self.x = x?
- 11 How were Chinese characters taught to Chinese children before the introduction of pinyin?
- 11 Is Hakka spoken the same in Guangdong and Taiwan?
- 10 Reverse strings in C
- View more network posts →