Linguist by talent, code-monkey by choice, corporate drone by necessity. French part-time wine trader and coder, living in Asia since the dark days of the [blink] tag. I used to code 8080 assembly by hand. Now, I stay a few layers above that. Craziness is for the young.
I do mostly custom code dev (desktop apps for SMEs, or middleware). Got interested recently in mobile apps, and despite my undying love for Blackberry phones (that's the corporate drone speaking), I code mostly in Phonegap for Android and sometimes iOS. I have a bunch of code on Google Code, which I guess I should move to GitHub – all the more so since git is my weapon of choice.
I do Java/C code only with a gun to my head – but Android is good at dragging me back in Java-land. Python preferred for non-critical apps. GUI apps mostly in RealStudio (and C glue code in dylibs). Erlang when I want to make my CPUs overheat and scream past the competition ;-)
Member for 7 years, 9 months
1 profile view
Last seen May 24 '18 at 13:30
- Stack Overflow 5.6k 5.6k 22 gold badges2121 silver badges3333 bronze badges
- Chinese Language 1.8k 1.8k 1010 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Arduino 1.6k 1.6k 11 gold badge1010 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Expatriates 1.2k 1.2k 11 gold badge44 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- French Language 748 748 33 silver badges99 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 17 Drawing multilingual text using PIL
- 13 Multiple I2C sensors with the same address
- 10 Is the second 'T' silent in "petites" ?
- 10 What do these two 'x' mean in this Python code: self.x = x?
- 10 Reverse strings in C
- 10 How were Chinese characters taught to Chinese children before the introduction of pinyin?
- View more network posts →